If you are a PSD employee , follow 4 simple steps to participate in March Gladness:
- Find a service project
- Register or Create a project (If you are a teacher, you may register yourself, but please inform your coordinator.)
- Recruit volunteers (use our Resources page, which contains important forms for your students)
- Report your project when it is completed
Additional Coordinator Responsibilities
- Ensure that all students have filled the appropriate forms, have adequate adult supervision, and means of transportation to project sites
- Put student safety first by obtaining approval from your principal before engaging in any off-site project
- Assist overall March Gladness publicity
- (Optional) Teach other teachers how to participate: (1) They can register themselves, (2) It is their responsibility to report the project(s) they registered, (3) They need to ensure that their students fill in the appropriate forms, and (4) They should inform you on what project(s) they are registering and work together if possible
- (Optional) Coordinate T-shirt ordering at your school. See here for more information.
- (Optional) Nominate a peer (through your principal or department supervisor) and a student (high schools only) as the Communities In Schools of Puyallup Educator/Student Citizen of the Year, respectively.
- ^ To encourage greater participation this year, we have opened project registration to all employees of the Puyallup School District, including teachers, staff, and district leaders.